Do you waste your time on unnecessary matters? Are you always staring out the window for countless minutes, even though you have work to do? Do you research useless information or play games on the Internet when you know you have more important, pressing tasks? It might be time to admit that you have a tendency to procrastinate. Do you know why time is precious and priceless? Make use of time wisely to become the master of your life.
Why time is precious and priceless in our life?
Many of us do not realise the value of time. We waste time on entertainment, fun and such matters which are not important for a successful life. Always use time properly and positively. Never waste time without purpose and meaning at any stage of life.
There is a very famous proverb going thus, “Time and tide wait for none”. This proverb says that “decisions need to be taken at the moment because if you delay in making your decision, the opportunity may pass before you made up your mind.” You should never waste your valuable time because time is precious and priceless.
Time is free to all, but none can buy or sell time. You must have noticed running river goes constantly ahead, but never runs back. We can recover the money spent or lost, but can never recover the lost time. Do you know Why most people never get rich?
What is the meaning of time is precious?
You might have heard many times people saying ‘Time is precious. Have you ever told this to anyone? The one who knows the value of time will surely say this phrase. What does it mean? The simple meaning of precious is valuable, which means time is very valuable. This also emphasises the importance of not wasting your time. Every second in your life is valuable, make use of it to make life successful.
Why time is so important in our life?
Time is precious because life is short. We don’t know what will happen in the next moment. We know how much money is balanced with us, but we don’t know how much balance time is in our life. Money lost or wasted can earn again, but time gone is gone forever. You can never get it back. Is time precious in your life? What is your opinion?
Time Is Precious – Try as many things as possible
Instead of wasting time on matters that are of no use at all try as many things as possible. You never know which small thing is going to make you successful in the future.
What is one of the most common problems of today?
There are thousands of useful things that are already available to learn and to grow. Most of these are totally free and available online to learn.
Ignoring all these things, people are always out of things to learn and continuously killing precious time unconsciously.
Instead of wasting your valuable time every day, you can easily utilize it to make a successful life.
1. Always Keep Learning
The key to utilizing time is to always keep learning something. The moment the word “time passes” comes into your mind, you become dull and lose your interest.
Try to learn something from whatever you do. Don’t do anything just for time to pass. Don’t learn a bad thing, try to find the positive and learn.
Enjoy and utilize every moment of your life, always keep learning and keep growing. Never stop learning, Update your knowledge regularly.
When you see a person with a bad habit, you can observe that person’s reaction.
Then from your observation, you can learn to avoid such bad habits and grow
out of them.
Life is too short and hence avoid carelessly passing the time. Every second should be utilized.
2. Make yourself better
Never sit idle because once it becomes your habit, it will affect the future to invest your energy in any work.
If you are influenced by friends who are sitting idly, your life will be damaged. What do they usually do?
They don’t do any useful thing but gossip about politics spread fake news, make baseless comments about others and other such useless things.
Never keep bad friends because they will damage your life.
If you have no work to do or are retired and taking a rest at home, you can still do some work. You can share your knowledge with others and help them to gain knowledge.
Don’t think your age is over for learning because there is no age limit on learning. You can learn many new things online for free.
The inspiring story of 96-Year-old Karthyayani who scored 98 in Kerala Literacy Mission test proves that age is not a barrier to learning.
I am retired and at home now. I am self-learning and maintaining this blog. By doing this, I learn new things and also share knowledge with others.
Invest your valuable time in learning anything or doing anything in which you are truly interested. Remember, it’s your life and it is once, so please don’t waste it.
3. Observe Deeply
If you have nothing to do also have something to do. You may ask what is that something?
You can observe deeply and that is so interesting as well as helpful also. When you have free time observe the work of other skilled people and learn from them. They can guide you the best.
You can observe how our minds run after useless attractions and try to stop such time-wasting bad habits. Self-observation is good for identifying own faults. correcting them and helping them to grow every day.
When you understand yourself deeply that will help you to understand the whole of humanity.
Observing is also a great way to utilize your time because you can learn many new things and correct the wrong.
Avoid Time-Wasting Habits
Today with the easy availability of the Internet and smartphones we constantly battle the urge to visit many sites. Instant messages, social media, push notifications, and mobile alerts all are wasting precious time. Smartphone addiction has become a major obstacle to success because many people waste a lot of time. Avoiding the Internet is an easy way to stop wasting time and avoid procrastinating.
Make a TimeTable
Make a timetable for your daily work and strictly follow the same. When you have some emergency work, you can do that. Otherwise, don’t divert your mind and time on unnecessary things.
Common reasons for which people waste time
- Waiting for inspiration and motivation: Waiting for motivation or inspiration from others. You can read motivational quotes and inspirational stories of successful people and get motivated and inspired yourself. Have self-confidence and take action immediately without wasting valuable time.
- Trying to please everybody: You can never please everyone and hence don’t waste your precious time trying to please everyone. Try to make the best version of yourself, so that you will be more productive in your work.
- Worrying about what people will say: Remove your worries about what people will say. Always do what is good for your career and well-being. Let people say anything, never bother about that.
- Waiting for the right opportunities: Some people ignore or miss opportunities because they are doubtful of getting a good result. They will wait for another better opportunity. Don’t waste opportunities. Remember opportunities always come and go. Opportunities don’t wait for anyone, whether for studies, or job interviews and tests. If you don’t grab opportunities at the right time, then they will be gone soon.
- Comparing yourself: Everyone is unique in their own way. No one is like any other person. Comparison can leave you feeling bad and you will waste your time on unnecessary negative thoughts. Never compare yourself to others. Never stop believing in yourself even for a second.
- Unfinished tasks: Try to finish all work timely. Decide either to complete a work or just leave it. Don’t waste time thinking to do it or not, or else you won’t be able to do it at all.
- Complaining: Time is precious and hence don’t waste your precious time complaining. Instead of complaining, try to change any situation that works against your favour in life and make things better.
- Repeating the same mistakes: Making mistakes is human nature and humans learn from their mistakes. Avoid repeating the same mistake, again and again, because that is very wrong and time-wasting. Learn from your past mistakes and try to change yourself for the better.
- Fear: Fear is the main reason for failures. Never allow obstacles to break success in your life. Go ahead fearless with executing your plan of action on the path of your success. Learn to face challenges fearless of failures and turn failure into success.
- Perfectionism: Something is better than nothing. Putting consistent efforts every day would lead you to success. A perfectionist is not living life in a place of self-acceptance.
- Not living your life: Living life to the fullest is important. Then only you will be happy and satisfied and able to do all tasks efficiently. If you feel sad and waste your time, you will never become happy in life.
- Lack of priorities: Not getting involved in work which is important for you and wasting time. Always give priority to those works which need to be finished first.
How to realise the value of time?
“If you want to know the value of one year, just ask a student who failed a course.
If you want to know the value of one month, ask a mother who gave birth to a premature baby.
If you want to know the value of one hour, ask the lovers waiting to meet.
If you want to know the value of one minute, ask the person who just missed the bus.
If you want to know the value of one second, ask the person who just escaped death in a car accident.
And if you want to know the value of one-hundredth of a second, ask the athlete who won a silver medal in the Olympics.”
Marc Levy, Et si c’était vrai…, Vous revoir, édition complète 2 en 1
Source: Goodreads Mark Levy Quote
Marc Levy quote proving time is precious
“Imagine there is a bank account that credits your account each morning with $86,400. It carries over no balance from day to day. Every evening the bank deletes whatever part of the balance you failed to use during the day. What would you do? Draw out every cent, of course?
Each of us has such a bank, it’s name is time. Every morning, it credits you 86,400 seconds. Every night it writes off at a lost, whatever of this you failed to invest to a good purpose. It carries over no balance. It allows no overdraft. Each day it opens a new account for you. Each night it burns the remains of the day. If you fail to use the day’s deposits, the loss is yours. There is no drawing against “tomorrow”. You must live in the present on today’s deposits. Invest it so as to get from it the utmost in health, happiness, and health. The clock is running. Make the most of today.”
Marc Levy, If Only It Were True Source: Marc Levy Quote – Goodreads
What is the importance of time in students’ life?
If you are a student, you must know the importance of time. If you don’t have good time management, you may not get enough time to study and do the homework. Managing study time efficiently has a major role in success. As a student, if you have good time management for study and other activities, that good habit will stick with you throughout the future. A good foundation is necessary for a successful future.
“Until you value yourself, you will not value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it.”M. Scott Peck
How to structure your day and stop wasting time?
Brian Tracy speaks about some ideas and tips to help you structure your day to be more productive and successful and avoid wasting time.
12 Time Wasters that consume our energy and attention – Infographic
To do something better in life, you should understand time is precious and the meaning and value of time. You should set up goals and need proper commitment, dedication and full use of time properly. Proper use of time gives wealth, prosperity and happiness. Always keep in mind that time is precious and make use of your time wisely. If you use time properly, that will help you to achieve success in your life.
Do you know time is precious and use your time for creative and positive things?
Do you have any bad habits of wasting your precious time?
If you found this post useful, please recommend and share it to help others find it! You can easily share by clicking on the share buttons. Remember“Sharing is Caring!”
Let me know your thoughts in the comment box below.
Mathukutty P. V. is the founder of Simply Life Tips. He is a Blogger, Content Writer, Influencer, and YouTuber. He is passionate about learning new skills. He is the Director of PokketCFO.
He lives with the notion of “SIMPLE LIVING, CREATIVE THINKING”. He Believes – “Sharing is caring.” and “Learning never ends.”