Mentally strong parents
Are you mentally strong parents?Have you prepared your kids mentally strong for the challenges of the world? Click To Tweet
If not, you should make them mentally strong and able to tackle problems, bounce back from failure, and cope with hardships.
I am mentally strong. Wayne Rooney Click To Tweet
Mentally strong parents who train their children’s brains for a life of meaning, happiness, and success, avoid these 13 things, according to author Amy Morin.
13 Things Mentally Strong Parents Don’t Do
- Condone a victim mentality.
- Parent out of guilt.
- Make your kids the centre of the universe.
- Allow fear to dictate your choices.
- Give your kids power over you.
- Expect perfection.
- Let your kids avoid responsibility.
- Shield your kids from pain.
- Feel responsible for your kids’ emotions.
- Prevent your kids from making mistakes.
- Confuse discipline with punishment.
- Take shortcuts to avoid discomfort.
- Lose sight of your values.
You may like to read 31 Questions you’ll Love Asking Your Kids
Did you find any useful tips or quotes in the post?
Do you like to share any useful parenting tips?
Feel free to share your views in the comment box.