Sometimes, the simpler the food is the greater health benefits it can bring. Do you know that Apple is a healthy fruit which is packed with beneficial nutrients? The health benefits of apples are numerous. Let’s check the list of top 15 impressive health benefits of apples and why should eat at least one apple in a day.
Table Of Contents
- 1 15 Health Benefits Of Apples
- 2 15 Reasons why apples are incredibly good for your health
- 2.1 1. Eating apples makes teeth whiter and healthier
- 2.2 2. Apple’s help prevent Alzheimer’s
- 2.3 3. Apples can help avoid Parkinson’s
- 2.4 4. Apples help fight back all types of cancers
- 2.5 5. Eating apples lowers your risk of developing diabetes
- 2.6 6. Apples lower cholesterol levels
- 2.7 7. An apple a day makes your heart healthier
- 2.8 8. Eating Apple can prevent gall stones
- 2.9 9. Apple is a treatment for diarrhoea and constipation
- 2.10 10. Apples help counteract irritable bowel syndrome
- 2.11 11 Apples assist in preventing haemorrhoids
- 2.12 12. Apples are weight loss good food
- 2.13 13. Apples contribute to the detoxification of the liver
- 2.14 14. Apples help to strengthen your immune system
- 2.15 15. Apples put cataracts away
- 3 Conclusion
15 Health Benefits Of Apples
- Eating apples makes teeth whiter and healthier
- Apples help prevent Alzheimer’s
- Apples can help avoid Parkinson’s
- Apples help fight back all types of cancers
- Eating apples lower your risk of developing diabetes
- Apples lower cholesterol levels
- An apple a day makes your heart healthier
- Eating apples can prevent gallstones
- Apple is a treatment for diarrhoea and constipation
- Apples help counteract irritable bowel syndrome
- Eating apples assists in preventing haemorrhoids
- Apples are weight loss good food
- Apples contribute to the detoxification of the liver
- Apples help to strengthen your immune system
- Apples put cataracts away
The nutritional profile makes apples so healthy. As investigated by the USDA scientists in 2004 two types of apples, Red Delicious and Granny Smith ranked 12th and 13th respectively in the top of 100. Rich in antioxidant foods these compounds are believed to help prevent and repair oxidation damage that happens during normal cell activity. Also, a medium-sized apple provides about 4 grams of pectin a fibre which is characterized as soluble form in table and viscous and as a combination that gives apples a huge list of health benefits.
15 Reasons why apples are incredibly good for your health
You may like to read How To Boost Immune System With Food And Healthy Living
1. Eating apples makes teeth whiter and healthier
Eating apples makes teeth whiter and healthier. Apples won’t replace your toothbrush but biting and chewing an apple stimulates the production of saliva in your mouth reducing tooth decay by lowering the levels of bacteria.
2. Apple’s help prevent Alzheimer’s
A study on the benefits of apples shows that drinking apple juice could keep Alzheimer’s away and fight the effects of aging on the brain. The mice in the study that were fed an apple enhanced diet showed higher levels of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine and did better in maze tests and than those on a regular diet.
You may like to read How To Improve Memory? | Best Foods To Boost Your Brain and Memory
3. Apples can help avoid Parkinson’s
Research has shown that people who eat fruits and other high-fibre foods apples may be protected against Parkinson’s disease a condition characterized by a breakdown of the brains dopamine-producing nerve cells. Scientists have linked this to the free radical-fighting power of the antioxidants contained therein.
4. Apples help fight back all types of cancers
Scientists from the American Association For Cancer Research among others agree that the consumption of flavonol rich apples could help reduce your risk of developing pancreatic cancer by up to 23 per cent. Researchers at Cornell University have identified several compounds try terpenoids an apple peel that have potent and growth activities against cancer cells in the liver colon and breast. Their earlier research found that extracts from whole apples can reduce the number and size of mammary tumours in rats. Meanwhile, the National Cancer Institute in the US has recommended a high fiber intake to reduce the risk of colorectal cancer.
5. Eating apples lowers your risk of developing diabetes
Women who eat apples at least one a day are 28% less likely to develop type 2 diabetes than those who don’t eat apples. The reason this is a health benefit of apples is because this fruit is loaded with soluble fibre the key to blunting blood sugar swings.
6. Apples lower cholesterol levels
The soluble fiber found in apples binds with fats in the intestine which translates into lower cholesterol levels and a healthier you.
7. An apple a day makes your heart healthier
An extensive body of research has linked high soluble fibre intake with a slower buildup of cholesterol-rich plaque in arteries. The phenolic compound found in apple skins also prevents the cholesterol that gets into your system from solidifying on your artery walls. When plaque builds inside your arteries it reduces blood flow to your heart leading to coronary artery disease.
8. Eating Apple can prevent gall stones
This is one of the eye-opening benefits of Apples’ gall stones form when there’s much cholesterol in your vial for it to remain as a liquid. So it solidified. They are particularly prevalent in the obese to prevent gall stones doctors recommend a diet high in fibre. Apples again to help you control your weight and cholesterol levels.
You may like to read Unbelievable Health Benefits Of Papaya Never Known To You
9. Apple is a treatment for diarrhoea and constipation
Whether you can’t go to the bathroom or you just can’t stop, fibre found in Apple’s can help. Fibre can either pull water out of your colon to keep things moving along when you’re backed up or absorb excess water from your stool to slow your bowels down.
10. Apples help counteract irritable bowel syndrome
Irritable bowel syndrome is characterized by constipation, diarrhoea and abdominal pain and bloating. To control these symptoms doctors recommend staying away from dairy and fatty foods and people with IBS understand all too well. How food can make symptoms worse but learning about high-fibre foods they can eat like apples is key.
You may like to read Health Benefits Of Garlic Immunity Boosting Superstar
11 Apples assist in preventing haemorrhoids
Haemorrhoids are a swollen vein in the anal canal and while not life-threatening these veins can be very painful. They are caused by too much pressure in the pelvic and rectal areas part and parcel with controlling constipation. Fibre can prevent you from straining too much when going to the bathroom and thereby help alleviate haemorrhoids. Here come the benefits of apples again. Apples are a great source of fibre which can help keep you regular. A healthy digestive system means a healthy body.
12. Apples are weight loss good food
this is one of the health benefits of apples. Most of us are willing to get many health problems are associated with being overweight among them are disease stroke, high blood pressure, type 2diabetes and sleep apnea. To manage weight and improve overall health doctors recommend a diet rich in fibre foods, high in fibre like apples will fill you up without costing you too many calories.
You may like to read Surprising Health Benefits Of Green Tea That You Didn’t Know
13. Apples contribute to the detoxification of the liver
Your liver is responsible for clearing the toxins out of your body. Many doctors are skeptical of fat detox diets saying they have the potential to do more harm than good. Luckily one of the best and easiest things you can eat to help detoxify your liver is fruits like apples.
14. Apples help to strengthen your immune system
Red apples contain an antioxidant called Kirsten. Recent studies have found that Kirsten can help boost and fortify your immune system especially when you’re stressed out. That’s one of the most unexpected health benefits of apples.
You may like to read Amazing Health Benefits Of Broccoli | Dr Michael Greger
15. Apples put cataracts away
Though past studies have been divided on the issue recent long-term studies suggest that people who have a diet rich in fruits that contain antioxidants like apples are 10 to 15percent less likely to develop cataracts. As you can see apple benefits are endless
You may like to read Mood Boosting Foods | How to Use Food To Improve Your Mood?
Fruits and organic vegetables are very good for your health. Hope that you could learn the incredible health benefits of apples. It is a fact that apples are not cheap, but it is worth to pay. You don’t need to eat plenty of apples in a day, but one apple in a day is enough.
This article is to be used for informational purposes only and do not replace professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Please consult your health care provider for advice about your health and medical condition. If you are experiencing any ailments, serious or otherwise, always seek professional medical treatment and advice.
Do you eat apples regularly? What is your favourite fruit?
If you liked this article, kindly share with your friends, relatives and on social media to help them to read.
You are welcome to share your thoughts and views in the comment box below.
Mathukutty P. V. is the founder of Simply Life Tips, a passionate Blogger, Content writer, Influencer, YouTuber. Lives with a notion “SIMPLE LIVING, CREATIVE THINKING”. Believe – “Sharing is caring.” “Learning never ends.”