In the journey of life, many times we all face a bad mood. Sometimes, no matter how hard you try, you can’t control your mood. Do you know your food habits can have a massive impact on your mood? You can make amazing changes in your mental health by making a few simple changes to your diet. Yes, you can improve your mental health through the stunning power of natural mood boosting foods and nutrients.
Table Of Contents
- 1 Many people have questions about mood boosting foods
- 2 11 Mood Boosting Foods
- 3 Foods that put you in a bad mood
- 4 Mood Boosting Foods | Dr. Jolene Brighton on Health Theory
- 5 Points discussed in the video
- 6 High Energy Diet | What Are Some Mood Boosting Foods?
- 7 Who Is Dr. Jolene Brighton?
- 8 Food is absolutely fundamental
- 9 Immunity Boosting Foods
- 10 Conclusion
- 11 Dive in!
- 12 Join 55 others, and start your Life Success journey today.
- 13 WANT MORE?
Many people have questions about mood boosting foods
- Which foods improve mood?
- What food is good for mood swings?
- Does sugar affect mood?
- What can I take to improve my mood?
- How can I boost my mood and energy?
- Can you boost your mood naturally?
11 Mood Boosting Foods
- Brazil nuts
- Oily fish
- Chicken and turkey
- Dark chocolate
Foods that put you in a bad mood
Mood Boosting Foods | Dr. Jolene Brighton on Health Theory
I found this video very useful and informative about mood boosting foods. In this episode of Health Theory with Tom Bilyeu, Dr. Jolene Brighton discusses and explains how to use food to improve mood.
Dr. Jolene Brighton describes her journey to genuine health. She shares her own intense stories of dealing with autoimmune issues, chronic illness, an abusive family, bullying, and the long-term effects of using hormonal birth control.
Dr. Jolene Brighten also talks about the three keys to rapid healing. She explains why she doesn’t focus on what not to eat, and also gives plenty of concrete suggestions on how to improve your diet.
Points discussed in the video
- Shares her battles with chronic illness and bullying
- Talks about growing up in an abusive and controlling household
- We can choose to re-write our narratives
- One tactic Jolene always uses is to carve out time to just think
- She talks about how her negative experiences contributed to her chronic illness
- Jolene shares a story of when she publicly called herself on her own BS
- Tom talks about the connection between mind and body, nutrition and emotions
- Jolene strongly advocates that food is medicine, and that food is communication
- Jolene explains the benefits of turmeric
- Inflammation is not always bad–you need a little bit of it
- “I don’t want to focus on what NOT to eat.”
- Jolene is not a fan of products that have been dramatically genetically engineered
- Discusses the connection between soy and estrogen
- Describes good ways to get proteins and fats
- Talks about the difficulty of making recommendations when evidence is limited
- Explains the real effects of the birth control pill
- A woman may find a different man attractive when she’s using birth control
- Jolene advocates for a more balanced view of hormonal birth control
- Unapologetically love yourself fiercely, set and hold your boundaries
High Energy Diet | What Are Some Mood Boosting Foods?
Do you know you can boost immunity with foods?
Who Is Dr. Jolene Brighton?
Dr. Jolene Brighton is a naturopathic physician and functional medicine practitioner. She is one of the foremost practitioners of functional medicine to try to understand health holistically, recognizing the connection between mind and body, nutrition and emotion, wellness and community.
Dr. Jolene Brighton has been featured by countless high-profile media outlets including Good Morning America, The New York Post, The Huffington Post, Cosmopolitan and Forbes. She is a best-selling author. She racked up an incredible list of credentials that includes Degrees in Chemistry, Nutrition Science and Clinical Nutrition.
Dr. Jolene strongly advocates that food is medicine
You’ll hear people really push against this, food as medicine idea. Really I know. Right. You’re like we like. Did you think this through? And so every food that you eat becomes every cell in your body. Should you absorb it right and understand it. I think and I hope it’s in my lifetime then we’re gonna be moving away from this macronutrient micronutrient talk and argument and really into food is communication food.
So signalling molecules right yeah and but if you think about it from a biological and
evolutionary perspective what forms first? The tube of the gut it’s the way we actually interact with our environment. It’s how we can signal to our environment or to our body that the environment is safe or it’s dangerous.
Think about what babies do. Early on everything’s going in the mouth it’s all communicating to the two. So when you know science comes out and son. Oh well, you know the gut is the second braid. I’m like it’s always been the first catch-up.
Food is absolutely fundamental
And so in all of that food is absolutely fundamental. I mean people the thing that I usually say especially like when I hear a doctor say oh food has no impact on me. How food is not medicine? You’ll hear these things and I have to remind people who are an expert in nutrition. Have they studied nutrition?
No. Then their opinions are just an opinion it’s not actually expert opinions. well, they are an expert in the arena of Medicine, their forte isn’t food. You need to talk to a dietitian and nutritionist somebody else who’s actually studied this.
So with my son absolutely we’re using food. And it’s so interesting for you to sign. You
know the way that you and your wife respond is so different when you eat certain suits. Because this is where science is. Like oh, wait a minute, like okay. So I got gluten, and I have had extreme joint pain few days. Later I’m not moving. My husband’s the canary in the coal mine because he gets gluten and within a couple of hours, he has a migraine.
So I know if he has a migraine I’m gonna be hitting the turmeric because it’s coming for me and so we respond differently.
Jolene explains the benefits of turmeric
Turmeric can help with the NF kappa-b pathway in modulating inflammation. So it’s a great anti-inflammatory. I actually in my book have what I call the upgraded turmeric tea which is tons of healthy fats. It’s great for the brain, great for gut motility, and really important for building hormones.
But with turmeric, I will sometimes throw a whole root in the blender and make turmeric shots with like lemon juice. And we’ll get some ginger going and maybe an orange. I also love to grade it into a pan with butter. So it’s a blower butter with fat. So I’ll grade it into a pan with butter, a little bit of pepper, and pepper oil. Black pepper also helps absorption saute it a bit crack some eggs in it and just you know sunny-side up fry them in that is like my favourite way to eat it.
So turmeric is great, it’s great for the brain, it’s great for God it’s great for modulating inflammation.
Describes good ways to get proteins and fats
When it comes to the fat we do want to have a variety but we want to avoid things like hydrogenated fats anything. Again if they have a chemist make it you probably don’t want to eat it because mama nature won’t get it wrong very often but humans get it wrong a lot. And then it’s like generations later that was like oh what did we do?
So when it comes to fats I like to look at whole food fat. So egg yolks, getting avocados, coming in eating nuts and seeds, So bringing those in part of your diet. Maybe it’s part of seed cycling or you’re just adding them that.
I think seeds are such a great economical and nutrient-dense way to really boost your nutrition by getting other foods like Cold water fish in some well, caught salmon sardines mackerel. These fatty fish are great sources of omega-3 fatty acids.
You would all be worried about metal-heavy, metal horses. We are right how do we steer that game with fish? Yeah, the smaller the fish the better. That’s what we’ve come to understand. So like I grew up and we Shark and Swordfish. And my son’s not gonna eat those things because that’s just the reality of the state of the planet right now.
So in that getting small fish there’s definitely the best way to go. If you are a vegan or vegetarian often you know to get omega-3s. They opt for algae or they’ll go with flax. And we have to understand design as women especially since we actually require our own natural estrogen to make the conversion from plant-based omegas into the EPA and DHA that we use as anti-inflammatory great for the brain.
So if you’re on hormonal birth control though you’re not making your own estrogen and if you’re inflamed and you’re having mood symptoms you may very well need to start thinking about going with fish oil.
So with those fats, the other thing is bringing in grass-fed butter, and coconut oil. So that’s the healthy fats. When it comes to animal proteins I always tell people to let’s choose grass-fed as often as possible and make sure that it’s not just muscle meats. We want to bring in our oaf all or our organ meats.
The above are selected transcripts of the video
Try your maximum to eat mood-boosting foods. Some foods may not suitable for you and create stomach upset and chest burning. Sometimes that makes you stressed thinking that you have some major disease. Here are 4 Simple Steps To Overcome Stress.
Immunity Boosting Foods
- Health benefits of papaya
- Health benefits of garlic immunity-boosting superstar
- Health Benefits Of Green Tea
- Health Benefits Of Broccoli
- Health Benefits Of Ginger
- Health Benefits Of Spinach
- Health Benefits Of Citrus
- Health Benefits Of Capsicum (Bell Pepper)
- Health benefits of Apples
- Health Benefits Of Almonds
If you control your diet and maintain good eating habits, that is medicine for your good health. Avoid all types of junk foods that do not benefit you, but damage your health. Good food is good medicine for good health. Good food doesn’t mean you have to eat costly items. Organic natural food is the best example of mood boosting foods.
- 5 Foods To Increase Weight In Toddlers
- How To Live A Better Life? 5 Incredible Ways To Improve Yourself
What are your eating habits? Do you eat junk food often?
What is the mood boosting foods in your diet?
Let me know your thoughts and suggestions in the comment box below.
If you liked this article, kindly share it with your friends, relatives and on social media to help them to read and recover from addiction.
Reference: Food list – Eat your way to happiness
Mathukutty P. V. is the founder of Simply Life Tips, a passionate Blogger, Content writer, Influencer, YouTuber. Lives with a notion “SIMPLE LIVING, CREATIVE THINKING”. Believe – “Sharing is caring.” “Learning never ends.”