Do you know Green tea is considered to be an “anti-ageing beverage.”? Green tea is one of the healthiest beverage packed with nutrients and antioxidants that are great for your physical and mental health. If you have doubt, you can ask your friend who drinks green tea regularly. I drink green tea daily. I found a video of Doctor Mike explaining 7 health benefits of green tea and the correct method of preparing green tea. After watching his video you will surely start including green tea in your diet.
Table Of Contents
- 1 Why green tea is better than black tea?
- 2 7 Health Benefits of Green Tea | How to Drink it? | Doctor Mike
- 2.1 1. Green Tea is loaded with healthy nutrients
- 2.2 2. Green tea may decrease the risk of developing a cavity
- 2.3 3. Green tea may provide stable energy without all the jitters
- 2.4 4. Boost brain function and lowers blood pressure
- 2.5 5. Green tea may help you burn fat
- 2.6 6. Green tea may decrease the risk of developing Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease
- 2.7 7. Green tea may increase your lifespan
- 3 Here’s how you create green tea properly
- 4 11 Amazing Health Benefits Of Green Tea
- 5 Conclusion
Why green tea is better than black tea?
Green tea’s processing avoids the fermentation process which retains the maximum amount of antioxidants and poly-phenols. These substances give green tea its many health benefits. Black tea’s processing allows for fermentation which destroys the substances beneficial for health. The better result in the processing is the reason that green tea has more health benefits attached to it than black tea. Let’s check the health benefits of green tea.
Reference : Lifehack
7 Health Benefits of Green Tea | How to Drink it? | Doctor Mike
Remember what you drink is just as, if not more important than what you don’t drink! So if you replace an unhealthy soda with a cup of green tea, you will see even more health benefits. Doctor Mike explaining 7 scientifically proven health benefits of green tea and how to drink it to maximize its effects.
Tea is one of those rare beverages that’s pretty much universally accepted by science as a healthy one. But just remember, as with everything is life you can have too much of a good thing. So don’t over do it with the green tea.
1. Green Tea is loaded with healthy nutrients
The number one thing that makes green tea so good for you is that it’s loaded with healthy nutrients.
All of these bioactive Polyphenols are awesome for your health. You may have heard of some of them known as Flavonoids, or Catechins. And what those are antioxidant. What antioxidants do is prevent free radical damage to your body. And free radical damage to your body over time causes cancer, but let me break that down a bit.
I know all of you have faucets at home whether it is in your bathroom or in your kitchen. Some of those faucets have rust on them. The rust is a direct result of that free radical damage we always talk about. Now antioxidants prevent that rust from forming.
So think of antioxidants as the rust prevention within our own bodies.- Yes, that’s awesome.- Within media, it’s been mentioned before that those who drink green tea have lower rates of cancer. And it’s been theorized that it has something to do with the huge amount of antioxidants found within green tea. We have to not get too excited by this fact because this is only a correlation and not a causation. Yes, it’s good to drink green tea, but no it’s not gonna cure and prevent all types of cancer.
2. Green tea may decrease the risk of developing a cavity
You got stinky breath? Maybe you should try some green tea, but it’s none of my business. The nutrients within green tea that we just mentioned on this last point known as Catechins, do a great job of inhibiting and killing certain types of bacteria. In fact, studies were done and proved that bacteria known to cause bad breath within your mouth was killed by drinking green tea. Also when you have less of that specific bacteria you have less plaque. So green tea also decreases the risk of developing a cavity.
3. Green tea may provide stable energy without all the jitters
It does a great job of giving you stable energy without all the jitters. It has about 30-50 milligrams of caffeine. Which is roughly half a cup of coffee. You’re still focused, you’re still stimulated, but you don’t have that jittery feeling that you get with a big cup of coffee.
4. Boost brain function and lowers blood pressure
Another nutrient within green tea that works together with caffeine to boost your brain function is called L-Theanine. Its benefit is that it gives your brain the relaxation without the added sedation or drowsiness that come along with other relaxing agents. While we’ve seen in animal and lab models that it increases your good cholesterol and lowers your bad cholesterol. What we’ve found in animal, lab and human trials is that green tea lowers your blood pressure.
5. Green tea may help you burn fat
Well, maybe. This is more of an individual case by case basis thing because not all studies agree on this. But there is a promise of increased metabolism, and fat oxidation, essentially fat burning. Some of the lab models have shown a decrease in new blood vessel formation within your fat storage. Meaning that it literally takes away the vital nutrition for your fat, and makes it die. Kicking that fats butt. (metal clinking)
6. Green tea may decrease the risk of developing Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease
Animal and lab models both show that Catechins, the nutrient we keep mentioning over and over again, decreased the risk of you developing Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease. Science isn’t clear on why this occurs but it’s theorized that it has something to do with the decrease in the development of plaque within the brain. If that doesn’t encourage you to take a sip. I don’t know what will.
7. Green tea may increase your lifespan
Now, this is the game-changer, this is the one that everyone gets excited about. There’s been a ton of research done on this. Some studies even have 40,000 participants that show those who drink 3-5 cups of tea a day have an increase life span, have a decrease all-cause mortality, that means dying from anything. Have decreases in heart disease, decreases in strokes, but, before we get too excited we need to remember correlation versus causation. Just because those who drink green tea live longer, it doesn’t mean green tea is the sole thing that’s responsible for that effect. So yes, enjoy your green tea, but don’t think your gonna live forever.
Here’s how you create green tea properly
Don’t add green tea directly to boiling water as it destroys those healthy Catechins we’ve been talking about. Don’t go decaf, because the decaffeination process hurts more of the nutrients found within green tea. Add lemon into your tea as it aids in the absorption of some of these nutrients.
Finally, don’t cheap out. Go for the good premium stuff, as it contains more of the healthy nutrients we’ve been talking about all along. I need you to know this. Don’t buy into the BS supplements, that take green tea extract and claim that it has miracle health benefits. They do not. The real thing is always healthier than the supplement form.
11 Amazing Health Benefits Of Green Tea
- Helps weight loss – Increases the metabolism
- Diabetes – Helps regulate glucose levels
- Heart Disease – Works on the lining of blood vessels
- Esophageal Cancer- Reduce the risk of esophageal cancer
- Cholesterol – Reduces bad cholesterol in the blood
- Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s – Delay the deterioration caused by Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s
- Tooth Decay – The chemical antioxidant “catechin” in tea can destroy bacteria and viruses that cause dental caries and other dental conditions
- Blood Pressure – Reduce the risk of high blood pressure
- Depression – Provide a relaxing and tranquillizing effect
- Anti-viral and Anti-bacterial – Effective for treating everything from influenza to cancer
- Skincare – Help with wrinkles and the signs of ageing
There are surprising health benefits of green tea. Drinking green tea regularly is good for your health. These days many people including celebrities are drinking green tea. If you have not yet started, you can start at the earliest to get the healthy benefits of green tea. In the beginning, you may not like the taste, but after a few days, you will surely like to start your day with a cup of green tea. Remember not to overdose.
If you would like to try there’s a wide variety of Green Tea
If you have any major health problems, you must consult your doctor and follow his advice.
Related Articles For Further Reading
- Amazing Health Benefits Of Broccoli | Dr Michael Greger
- How To Boost Immune System With Food And Healthy Living
- How to Protect Your Immune System | Health Experts Show You
Do you have a routine of drinking green tea daily?
If you liked this article, kindly share with your friends, relatives and on social media to help them to read.
You are welcome to share your thoughts and views in the comment box below.
Mathukutty P. V. is the founder of Simply Life Tips, a passionate Blogger, Content writer, Influencer, YouTuber. Lives with a notion “SIMPLE LIVING, CREATIVE THINKING”. Believe – “Sharing is caring.” “Learning never ends.”