Are you worried about wrinkles and other marks appearing on your skin due to aging? Are you tired of testing different anti aging products available in the market claiming as ever youth products? Do you know beautiful, glowing skin starts with what you eat and anti aging foods can help you with more than that? A healthy diet full of anti aging foods can boost the immune system, improve skin quality, and help you to maintain better physical and mental health. In this post, you can find 9 anti aging foods to eat when you are over 40, to keep you feeling young and healthy.
- Which foods make you look younger?
- How can you stop your face from aging?
Do you know eating plenty of veggies and fruits is the safest and healthiest way to combat dull complexions and fine lines? Here are 9 of the best anti aging foods to nourish your body for a glow.
Table Of Contents
- 1 9 Anti Aging Foods
- 2 Are you tired of testing anti aging products?
- 3 Conclusion
- 4 Dive in!
- 5 Join 56 others, and start your Life Success journey today.
- 6 WANT MORE?
9 Anti Aging Foods
We all know aging is a natural process and everyone goes through it. If you want to age gracefully and keep others guessing your actual age, then keep reading for the best foods to eat to fight the signs of aging over 40. This doesn’t mean that eating anti aging foods will keep your skin ever youth, but you can control the changes on the skin due to age.
- Bell peppers
Are you tired of testing anti aging products?
Do you drink enough water daily? You must have heard many health experts advising to drink plenty of water to protect the body from COVID-19 attacks. They say drinking hot water 2/3 times in a day is a good weapon against coronavirus.
Now you may ask if the article is about foods, but why water is also included in the list. Water might not be exactly a food, but your top priority should be keeping yourself hydrated. You must have studied in school that the human body is made up of about 60 per cent water and blood in the body is 90 per cent H2O. This shows the importance of drinking enough water daily.
You might have noticed when you don’t provide enough water to plants in your garden the leaves get dry. In the same way when your body doesn’t have enough water and other fluids to carry out its normal functions, you will get dehydrated.
Water has many benefits from regulating your body temperature, flushing toxins from your body, keeping your skin glowing, and looking young, radiant and wrinkle-free. When you feel thirsty, avoid soft drinks and opt for a glass of refreshing water. Drink enough water daily to maintain good physical and mental health.
Do you know what is Broccoli? Broccoli is a cruciferous vegetable that look similar to Cauliflower in green colour. Broccoli has a reputation as a superfood because it contains a wealth of nutrients and antioxidants that support many aspects of human health.
- An anti-inflammatory and anti-aging food, low in calories, that can do many good things for your body.
- Loaded with lots of different antioxidants which fight off free radicals that cause cell damage.
- Rich source of fiber in broccoli helps to control your hunger.
- Contains folate, calcium and lutein contents which are good for better memory preservation.
- Great source of vitamin C in broccoli can promote collagen that keeps your skin’s elasticity, strength and glowing skin looking young and great.
- Eat broccoli raw to get all of the benefits. You can cook it in steaming to get the most out of this green powerhouse.
Do you know What Happens When You Eat Broccoli Every day?
Do you know little blueberries are believed to be one of the best sources of antioxidants of all fruits and vegetables which have a big impact on your health?
- Blueberries contain antioxidants called anthocyanins which help you appear younger.
- The phytochemicals found in berries and certain vegetables combat oxidative stress and inflammation in the brain which could reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Improve memory function in older adults.
- You can add blueberries to your diet for an added healthy boost.
Adding almonds and walnuts into your diet will help to maintain a youthful glow.
- Almonds are one of the best sources of vitamin E and vitamin E.
- Helps your body repair any damaged skin tissue, keeps your skin hydrated, and can even protect it from the sun’s damaging rays.
- Antioxidants in nuts can help your cells fight damage, aging and certain diseases.
- Almonds have been linked to the possible prevention of cognitive decline in older adults.
- Walnuts are anti-aging foods containing a great source of anti-inflammatory omega-3 fatty acids that can help your body fight off sun damage and can help keep your skin looking beautiful by protecting its natural oil barrier.
Instead of a snack, try grabbing a handful of almonds or walnuts. Try to add them to a salad to punch up the flavour and the health benefits.
Watercress or yellowcress is a species of aquatic flowering plant in the cabbage family Brassicaceae. Its botanical name is Nasturtium officinale. Watercress is a rapidly growing, perennial plant native to Europe and Asia. It is one of the oldest known leaf vegetables consumed by humans. Wikipedia
Watercress, the leafy green is often praised for its health benefits.
- Watercress is hydrating and contains a bunch of vitamins like vitamins A, C, K, B1 and B2.
- Watercress has loads of antioxidants which can fight off oxidative stress and those pesky wrinkles and fine lines.
- Some studies have also suggested that watercress might also have the power to boost immunity, aid in digestion, and support thyroid function.
6. Bell Peppers
- Bell peppers are high in antioxidants and are ultimately helpful in anti-aging.
- Red bell peppers are loaded with vitamin C as well can help build collagen, and keep your skin looking young and wrinkle-free.
- Bell peppers have anti-inflammatory properties that can help protect your skin from sun damage, pollution and other toxic elements you may come into contact with on a daily basis.
- You can eat raw or add them into any cooked dish for a splash of colour and a ton of healthy additions.
In general, dark leafy greens are a great addition to any diet and one of your ready sources of antioxidants. Sauteed spinach goes great with eggs. You can eat raw spinach or throw spinach into a smoothie for a great midday boost of nutrients.
- Spinach is loaded with antioxidants.
- Eating spinach will help keep you hydrated.
- Spinach is high in vitamin C which will boost collagen production.
- Spinach has lots of Vitamin A which helps for strong and healthy hair.
- Spinach has Vitamin K which can help fight off inflammation.
You may like to read 15 Health Benefits Of Spinach Never Known To You
Avocado has amazing health benefits.
- Avocados are delicious and host a ton of great health benefits for anti-aging.
- Avocados contain fatty acids that promote smooth youthful skin and fight off inflammation.
- Avocados have carotenoids that help to block toxins and sun damage from the outside world.
- Avocado has lots of vitamin A which helps to shed old, dead skin cells and makes room for newer, younger-looking skin to emerge.
We all need protein, especially as we age because protein is responsible for the regrowth, repair and maintenance of tissue in our bodies. Aged people don’t need many calories but do need just as much protein. Chickpeas are a fantastic source of fiber, protein, iron and copper.
You may like to know about 11 Foods To Boost Memory
Most health experts recommend eating whole, plant-based foods for the majority of your diet paired with good and enough regular exercise for better health. If you follow this secret, you will keep yourself looking young, and feeling great throughout your golden years.
You don’t need to use any creme which will damage your beautiful skin. This article listed only a few foods. There are many other easily available natural anti aging foods. You can produce many the foods like vegetables and fruits in your home garden. That will help you to eat organic food. Gardening will also help you to get engaged by doing small physical activities that are very good for physical and mental health in old age.
- Must Keep 6 Free Best Doctors Always With You
- Mood Boosting Foods To Improve your Mood
- Amazing Health Benefits Of Citrus Fruits That You Didn’t Know
- Unbelievable Health Benefits Of Papaya Never Known To You
- Health Benefits Of Garlic Immunity Boosting Superstar
- Surprising Health Benefits Of Green Tea That You Didn’t Know
What are some of your favourite anti aging foods to eat?
If you liked this article, kindly share it with your friends, relatives and on social media to help them to read.
You are welcome to share your thoughts and views in the comment box below.
Mathukutty P. V. is the founder of Simply Life Tips, a passionate Blogger, Content writer, Influencer, YouTuber. Lives with a notion “SIMPLE LIVING, CREATIVE THINKING”. Believe – “Sharing is caring.” “Learning never ends.”