KFC Founder Colonel Harland Sanders
Do you know the complete story of how KFC started by Colonel Harland Sanders and how it became World’s Biggest Brand?I've only had two rules: Do all you can and do it the best you can. It's the only way you ever get that feeling of accomplishing something. Colonel Harland Sanders Click To Tweet
Colonel Harland David Sanders was an American businessman, best known for founding fast-food chicken restaurant chain Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC). His name and image are still symbols of the company. It’s amazing how Colonel Harland Sanders started the company at the age of 65, when most retire, and built a global empire out of fried chicken.
“It came to me that the one thing I could do was cook. And I figured I couldn’t do any worse than the people running these places around town.” Colonel Sanders
About Harland Sanders, Founder of KFC
- Born: 9 September 1890, Henryville, Monroe Township, Indiana, United States
- At age 5 his Father died.
- At age 16 he quit school.
- At age 17 he had already lost four jobs.
- At age 18 he got married.
- Between ages 18 and 22, he was a railroad conductor and failed.
- He joined the army and washed out there.
- He applied for law school he was rejected.
- He became an insurance salesman and failed again.
- At age 19 he became a father.
- At age 20 his wife left him and took their baby daughter.
- He became a cook and dishwasher in a small cafe.
- He failed in an attempt to kidnap his own daughter, and eventually, he convinced his wife to return home.
- At age 65 he retired.
- On the 1st day of retirement, he received a cheque from the Government for $105
- He felt that the Government was saying that he couldn’t provide for himself.
- He decided to commit suicide, it wasn’t worth living anymore; he had failed so much.
- He sat under a tree writing his will, but instead, he wrote what he would have accomplished with his life.
- He realised there was much more that he hadn’t done.
- There was one thing he could do better than anyone he knew. And that was how to cook.
- So he borrowed $87 against his cheque and bought and fried up some chicken using his recipe, and went door to door to sell them to his neighbours in Kentucky.
- Remember at age 65 he was ready to commit suicide.
- But at age 88 Colonel Sanders, founder of Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) Empire was a billionaire.
- Died: 16 December 1980, Louisville, Kentucky, United States
One has to remember that every failure can be a stepping stone to something better. Colonel Sanders Click To Tweet
“The easy way is efficacious and speedy, the hard way arduous and long. But, as the clock ticks, the easy way becomes harder and the hard way becomes easier. And as the calendar records the years, it becomes increasingly evident that the easy way rests hazardously upon shifting sands, whereas the hard way builds solidly a foundation of confidence that cannot be swept away.” Colonel Sanders
KFC Success Story: In this video, you can find the complete story of how KFC started by Colonel Harland Sanders and how it became World’s Biggest Brand. It is KFC Vs McDonald’s now!
“I was sixty-six years old. I still had to make a living. I looked at my social security check of 105 dollars and decided to use that to try to franchise my chicken recipe. Folks had always liked my chicken.” Colonel Sanders
“Don’t QUIT” – Colonel Sanders
Watch the video and listen to his inspiring words
“You got to like your work. You have got to like what you are doing, you have got to be doing something worthwhile so you can like it – because it is worthwhile, that it makes a difference, don’t you see?” Colonel Sanders
Attitude. It’s never too late to start all over.
Most importantly, it is all about your attitude. Never give up no matter how hard it gets.
No guts no glory. It’s never too old to dream.
Do you know how these people have struggled in their lives and became successful? Read their success stories.
- Sundar Pichai Google Ceo
- Satya Nadella Microsoft CEO
- Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
- Warren Buffett CEO Berkshire Hathaway
You can read more about Colonel Sanders in Wikipedia
Feel free to share your views in the comment box below