Have you heard about Aryan Mishra, the 18-year-old Indian astronomer whose curiosity in space led him to discover an unknown asteroid in a nationwide asteroid search campaign? At an age when most children confused what to study next, which career to choose, Aryan Mishra is busy scaling the night sky, discovering asteroids and giving inspirational talks worldwide.
Aryan Mishra 18 Year Old Indian Astronomer
About Aryan Mishra
- Aryan lives in a slum colony in New Delhi.
- Son of a newspaper seller.
- He is a passionate space enthusiast.
- At the age of 11 Aryan was known as a Psycho, people use to call him a mad and crazy child.
- At 11, he bought his first telescope by skipping canteen meals and walking to school and started looking at the sky.
- He kept his passion hidden from his parents and observed the night sky with his telescope.
- Aryan wakes up at 4 o clock every morning and helps to sell newspaper before going to school.
- At 14, discovered a near-Earth asteroid in All India Asteroid Search Campaign.
- When discovered an asteroid, he mesmerised with the night sky.
- He shared his passion with many students, getting many interested in astronomy.
- His humble beginnings did not stop him from pursuing his dreams.
- Sharing his knowledge on astronomy with thousands across the globe through Skype.
- His discovery has been designated as 2014 00372.
The above is a sample image only and not of Aryan Mishra.
Look up at the sky! Aryan Mishra | TEDxDelhi
Space has been an unexpected and unfamiliar zone for most of us. It was a curiosity of the unknown that led me to the mystical cosmos.
In the above TedX talk, Aryan Mishra said, “As a child, I used to think that I’m a part of this wonderful planet Earth and when I used to look up at the night sky, I used to wonder what lies beyond the stars the twinkle shiny moon and dark sky. This takes me to the memory of Indian-American late Astronaut Kalpna Chawla as we all know she was a first woman from India in space and she has been the power of two missions of NASA. But she died during the re-entry of Columbia shuttle tragedy on February 1, 2003. ”Your dreams are your wings that help you to fly who face the world and reach for the sky look up. Aryan Mishra Click To Tweet
Images Credits : Facebook Photos
Live your dreams – Aryan Mishra
Advice from a newspaper vendor’s son Aryan Mishra
His inspiring real story will give you all the motivation to chase your dreams.
He wrote on Facebook
“When I look up at night, I can truly feel my own smallness and insignificance.
Sometimes this makes me feel melancholy because I see that I don’t really matter to the universe.
“I believe in the power of stargazing. I use the night sky as a metaphor for life. Life is so full of small bright spots and beautiful surprises, even in the darkest of times.” Aspiring Astronaut – Aryan Mishra
Photos Of Aryan Mishra
Images Credits : Facebook Photos
Do you have any message for the youth?
In an interview with The Logical Indian, his reply for a question “Do you have any message for the youth?” “To all the youth out there, I believe that one should always follow their passion, be hardworking. I even tell that one should draw a balance between their studies and ambitions.” Never disqualify yourself,
From a slum in Delhi, being a newspaper vendor’s son, to discovering an asteroid, this teen prodigy is inspiring people worldwide.
Aryan Mishra is an inspiration to all the youth. Follow his motivational words “One should always follow their passion, be hardworking. One should draw a balance between their studies and ambitions.” “Your dreams are your wings that help you to fly, go face the world and reach for the sky!”.
Parents should allow their children to choose right career as per their skill and ambition.
Recommended For Reading
- 14-YO Girl Janhavi Panwar Giving Motivational Speeches to IAS Officers
- Ultimate Success Advice For Young People
- How To Solve Study Problems Without Help
- Mansi Mehta Inspiring Story Of A 15 Year Old Girl
Do you have an inspiring story to share with the world?
Please recommend and share this post to help others find it! You can easily share by clicking on share buttons. Remember“Sharing is Caring!”
Feel free to leave your thoughts below.
Lives with a notion “SIMPLE LIVING, CREATIVE THINKING”. Blogging as a passion and for sharing the knowledge gained through reading and from life experiences. Always eager to learn new things. He is the founder of Simply Life Tips, a blog sharing articles helpful for motivation, happiness and success in life. Read More