Who is an assertive person?
An assertive person always expresses his/her views overcoming the fear of speaking and in a confident and proper way. Sometimes assertiveness comes as rude to other people.
Assertiveness helps to communicate with others honestly and cultivate authentic relationships.
Assertiveness also helps to better understand your own feelings and get your needs met.
“I’ve worked very hard at understanding myself, learning to be assertive. I’m past the point where I worry about people liking me.” Pam Dawber
Being assertive is a core communication skill. It is a constructive way of dealing with difficult people.
You can express yourself effectively and stand up for the point of view, achieving your goals, and solving a problem. While doing this you should always respect the rights and beliefs of others.
“The difference between successful people and really successful people is that really successful people say no to almost everything.” Warren Buffett
You can set boundaries verbally or through actions to let others know what you will tolerate and what you will not tolerate.
“Turtle, Tiger or an Owl? How are you communicating/ exhibiting your behaviour? Communicate Assertively with clear Goal.. be heard and pay heed to other’s viewpoints.” Image and quote Credits LinkedIn
Tips for assertive without being rude
- Don’t overdo things
- Have clear boundaries in mind
- Don’t lose your manners and values
- Don’t play a screaming match
- Keep eyes on your goal
- Prepare and practice
In this video, you will learn tips on how to be a confident person without coming as a rude.
How to Be Assertive in Any Situation
- Assume they can’t read your mind
- Address the person causing the conflict
- Use “I” Statements
- Learn to say no
- Don’t apologize
- Treat everyone with respect
Being assertive in any situation is crucial to getting the most out of life. It can be challenging, especially if you have these following beliefs.
- “Being assertive in any situation causes a lot of conflicts“
- “Being assertive in any situation makes you less likeable”
- “Being assertive is not nice.”
There are so many beliefs you may have about being assertive. It is also possible you may think of aggression instead of assertiveness.
Lack of assertiveness could cost you a lot of income, meaningful relationships, and happiness. Click To Tweet
- Techniques For Setting Effective Goals And The Science Of Achieving
- 10 Skills That Are Hard To Learn But Will Pay Off Forever
- How To Be Always Happy In Life Science Of Happiness
Did you find anything in this post as useful?
Feel free to share your views in the comment box below.