There are many myths and fake news spreading about coronavirus. People should not trust or forward such messages. We should only forward and follow information and guidelines from public health departments, WHO and such authorised agencies. Sharing Coronavirus Myth Busters | COVID-19 Advice For The Public found on World Health Organisation.
Coronavirus Myth Busters – World Health Organisation
1. COVID-19 virus can be transmitted in areas with hot and humid climates
2. Cold weather and snow CANNOT kill the new coronavirus
3. Taking a hot bath does not prevent the new coronavirus disease
4. Are hand dryers effective in killing the new coronavirus?
5. Can an ultraviolet disinfection lamp kill the new coronavirus?
6. How effective are thermal scanners in detecting people infected with the new coronavirus?
7. Can spraying alcohol or chlorine all over your body kill the new coronavirus?
8. Do vaccines against pneumonia protect you against the new coronavirus?
9. Can regularly rinsing your nose with saline help prevent infection with the new coronavirus?
10. Can eating garlic help prevent infection with the new coronavirus?
11. Does the new coronavirus affect older people, or are younger people also susceptible?
12. Are antibiotics effective in preventing and treating the new coronavirus?
13. Are there any specific medicines to prevent or treat the new coronavirus?
Source: World Health Organisation
Don’t panic or spread fake messages. Share the post on your network and help others to read and realise the facts about coronavirus myths.
- Coronavirus Basic Protective Measures – WHO – COVID19
- Covid-19 Coping With Stress During The 2019-nCoV Outbreak
Mathukutty P. V. is the founder of Simply Life Tips. He is a Blogger, Content Writer, Influencer, and YouTuber. He is passionate about learning new skills. He is the Director of PokketCFO.
He lives with the notion of “SIMPLE LIVING, CREATIVE THINKING”. He Believes – “Sharing is caring.” and “Learning never ends.”