Many people have workplace stress problem. Heavy workload, no-cooperation from colleagues, problems with management and other problems. Do you find it difficult to manage workplace stress?
Let us find more about workplace stress and easy solutions to this problem.
Table Of Contents
- 1 How To Manage Workplace Stress?
- 2 What are the symptoms of stress?
- 3 What are the causes of workplace stress?
- 4 10 Ways To Manage Workplace Stress
- 4.1 1. Spot the signs of stress early
- 4.2 2. Identify key triggers
- 4.3 3. Keep an eye on what’s going on
- 4.4 4.Break out of the norm
- 4.5 5. Don’t be afraid to say what you want
- 4.6 6. Look after yourself always
- 4.7 7. Manage expectations
- 4.8 8. Ask for feedback
- 4.9 9. Think positively
- 5 How to manage workplace stress with physical exercises? – Infographic
- 6 Final Thoughts
How To Manage Workplace Stress?
Are you worried about how to solve the problem of stress in the workplace? Nothing to worry. We have to face many problems in this life journey. But be happy because every problem has a solution.
First of all, we have to find the causes of stress in the workplace. There are many reasons for this. Here we will discuss a few only. If you know more causes, you can mention in the comment box below.
What are the symptoms of stress?
- Muscular tension
- Heart palpitations
- Sleeping problems
- Gastrointestinal upsets
What are the causes of workplace stress?
- Poor communication with co-workers
- Fear of being laid off
- Work that requires high-level decision making and mental pressure
- More overtime due to workload
- Not receiving enough support from co-workers, supervisors and the management
- The pressure to perform to meet the expectations of the management
- Low levels of recognition and reward even after hard work
- Lack of knowledge and control over your work
10 Ways To Manage Workplace StressFind easy ways to solve workplace stress and enjoy your work and career. Click To Tweet
Most people have experienced mild workplace stress at some point in their careers, and it’s not doing them any favours. Stress contributes to higher blood pressure and lower self-esteem.
1. Spot the signs of stress early
Be aware of changes in your behaviour, health and how you feel.
2. Identify key triggers
Build up your awareness of what causes you stress
3. Keep an eye on what’s going on
Reduce uncertainty and stress by being in the know
4.Break out of the norm
5. Don’t be afraid to say what you want
6. Look after yourself always
7. Manage expectations
- Do what you say you will do
- Manage your time well
- Be clear about what you can and cannot do
8. Ask for feedback
Know how well are you doing and where you stand
9. Think positively
- Dispel negative thoughts
- Appreciate what you can do
- Appreciate what you have
10. Accept that you can not control everything
How to manage workplace stress with physical exercises? – Infographic
Physical activities are very important to recover from any kind of mental health problems. Simply taking medication will not cure mental health problems. Your body exercise has an important role to heal problems like stress, depression and such mental health problems.
Below infographic will help you to understand how physical exercises can help you to fight the workplace stress.
Infographic Credits: visually
Find out the real reason for your stress in the workplace and look at the right strategies to manage it. You may have identified several things in the video and infographic. If needed, consult a doctor or an expert and follow their advice.
Recommended for further reading
Do you have stress at work?
What do you do when you feel stress at work?
Share this post on your network and help others to read and recover from stress in the workplace.
Feel free to share your views in the comment box below
Mathukutty P. V. is the founder of Simply Life Tips, a passionate Blogger, Content writer, Influencer, YouTuber. Lives with a notion “SIMPLE LIVING, CREATIVE THINKING”. Believe – “Sharing is caring.” “Learning never ends.”