Do you have a sleep problem and worried about how to get better sleep at night?
You might have heard people saying they do not sleep well at night. Some people can sleep after midnight or even early morning only. Till that time they simply lie down on the bed, turning their body left and right. There are many reasons for this problem.
How to get better sleep at night?
This quote is true. If you look at farmers or such hard physical working people, you can find they sleep well at night.For your overall health and well-being, good sleep at night is very important. Click To Tweet
It’s true that quality sleep is sometimes elusive.
Workplace stress, family problems, health problems and many other factors can interfere with good sleep at night.
Due to many reasons, you may have difficulty to control these factors. But you can try to adopt habits that help for better sleep at night.
You can try simple things like setting a sleep schedule, physical activity in your daily routine for better sleep at night.There are many wrong effects of poor sleep at night including degraded memory, attention, and performance. Click To Tweet
In the long-term, insomnia is also associated with anxiety and depression.
“Control what you can control. Don’t lose sleep worrying about things that you don’t have control over because, at the end of the day, you still won’t have any control over them.” Cam Newton
9 Scientific ways to do away with all sleep problems – Infographic
9 Easy ways to get better sleep at night
This video is giving detailed information along with action images for better sleep.
8 Easy Ways to Finally Get a Sound Sleep
- Sleep deprivation causes stress.
- Getting enough sleep every night affects your mood, productivity, and weight.
- You need 8 hours of sleep every night. Ensure you have enough sleep every night.
- “Enough” doesn’t means as much as possible.
- Go to bed and get up at the same time every day, including weekends.
2. Make your bedroom just a bedroom
- Don’t make your office in the bedroom.
- Strengthen your mental association between your bedroom and sleep.
- Remove computers, TVs, or any work materials from the bedroom.
3. Make your bedroom comfortable for sleep
Image by Clker-Free-Vector-Images from Pixabay
- Get good quality and comfortable mattress.
- Keep the bedroom cool.
- Eliminate all sources of lights from the bedroom.
- Make sure you sleep in absolute darkness.
- A dark, quiet and cool environment will help to get better sleep.
4. Exercise more
- Do whatever it takes to get tired not only mentally but also physically.
- Go to Sleep When You’re Truly Tired.
5. Change your diet
- Avoid meals just before bed.
- Drink enough fluid at night. This will help to avoid waking up thirsty.
- But don’t drink too much so close to bedtime. Because that may make you awakened by the need for a trip to the bathroom.
6. Relax more
- Take a hot shower before going to bed.
- Listen to music.
7. Turn away your clock
- Don’t Be a Nighttime Clock-Watcher.
- Keep your mobile away from the bed.
8. Have early naps
- Napping in the evening destroys your day and night cycle.
You can find in this video more information along with action images of the above points to get better sleep at night.
If needed you may consult a Doctor and follow his advice.
Sleep well at night and wake up early in the morning.
Good sleep at night is very important for good physical and mental health. The body and mind need enough rest. All the stress and pain should wipe out through a night of good sleep.
Do you feel like run over by a train while sleeping?
Do you find it difficult to get up in the morning?
Related articles found on other sites:
- Twelve Simple Tips to Improve Your Sleep – Explore simple tips for making the sleep of your dreams a nightly reality. (Healthy Sleep, Harvard Medical School)
- Healthy Sleep Tips – A variety of sleep tips including bedtime snacks, exercise, room temperature, noise, and light control. (National Sleep Foundation)
Feel free to share your views in the comment box below.
He is the founder of Simply Life Tips. Lives with a notion “SIMPLE LIVING, CREATIVE THINKING”. Blogging is a passion and also for sharing the knowledge gained through reading and from life experiences. Always eager to learn new things. Read More