How to get better sleep at night?
Do you have the sleep problem and worried about how to get better sleep at night?
“I think the best way to get a good night sleep is to work hard throughout the day. If you work hard and, of course, work out.” William H. McRaven
For your overall health and well-being, a good sleep at night is very important.
It’s true that quality sleep is sometimes elusive.
Workplace stress, family problems, illnesses and many other factors can interfere with a good sleep at night.
Due to many reasons, you may have difficulty to control these factors, but you can try to adopt habits that help for better sleep at night.
You can try simple things like setting a sleep schedule, physical activity in your daily routine for better sleep at night.There are many wrong effects of poor sleep at night including degraded memory, attention, and performance. Click To Tweet
In the long-term, insomnia is also associated with anxiety and depression.
“Control what you can control. Don’t lose sleep worrying about things that you don’t have control over because, at the end of the day, you still won’t have any control over them.” Cam Newton
9 Scientific ways to do away with all sleep problems – Infographic
9 Easy ways to solve sleep problems
This video is giving a detailed information along with action images to get better sleep at night.
8 Easy Ways to Finally Get a Sound Sleep
- Sleep enough
Sleep deprivation causes stress.
Getting enough sleep every night affects your mood, productivity, and weight.
You need 8 hours of sleep every night. Ensure you have enough sleep every night. “Enough” doesn’t means as much as possible. Go to bed and get up at the same time every day, including weekends.
- Make your bedroom just a bedroom
Don’t make your office in the bedroom.
Strengthen your mental association between your bedroom and sleep by removing computers, TVs, or any work materials from the bedroom.
- Make your bedroom comfortable for sleep
Get a good quality and comfortable mattress.
Keep the bedroom cool.
Eliminate all sources of lights from the bedroom. Make sure you sleep in absolute darkness.
A dark, quiet and cool environment will help to get better sleep.
- Exercise more
Do whatever it takes to get tired not only mentally but also physically.
Go to Sleep When You’re Truly Tired.
- Change your diet
Avoid meals just before bed. Drink enough fluid at night. This will help to avoid waking up thirsty. But don’t drink too much so close to bedtime because that may make you awakened by the need for a trip to the bathroom.
- Relax more
Take a hot shower before going to bed.
Listen to music.
- Turn away your clock
Don’t Be a Nighttime Clock-Watcher.
- Have early naps – before 3 pm
Napping in the evening destroys your day and night cycle.
You can find in this video more information along with action images of above points to get better sleep at night.
If needed you may consult a Doctor and follow his advice.
Related articles found on other sites:
- Twelve Simple Tips to Improve Your Sleep – Explore simple tips for making the sleep of your dreams a nightly reality. (Healthy Sleep, Harvard Medical School)
- Healthy Sleep Tips – A variety of sleep tips including bedtime snacks, exercise, room temperature, noise, and light control. (National Sleep Foundation)
- Adopt Good Sleep Habits – Learn how improving your sleep environment and sticking to a regular schedule can improve the quality of your sleep. (Get Sleep, Harvard Medical School Division of Sleep Medicine)
- 5 Foods that Help You Sleep: Eat right, sleep better – Food relates directly to serotonin, a key hormone that—along with Vitamin B6, B12, and folic acid—helps promote healthy sleep. (Cleveland Clinic)
Do you feel like run over by a train while sleeping?
Do you find it difficult to get up in the morning?
Feel free to share your views in the comment box below.
A passionate blogger, YouTube Partner. Love Reading, Blogging, Creating videos, Listening music. Subscribe to the YouTube Channel
“Sharing is Caring!” “Keep Life Simple, Stay Happy And Live Life To The Fullest.!”