It’s a moment of pride and glory for the people of Kerala, India. Sreedhanya Suresh, the 26-year-old tribal girl from Pozhuthana panchayat, Dist. Wayanad has cleared the UPSC Civil Services Examination with a national rank of 410. She is the first person from a tribal community in Wayanad to crack the UPSC exams, that too with an excellent rank of 410.
Despite several government initiatives to uplift the tribal community members, some tribal areas are still in backwardness.
Sreedhanya Suresh | Poor Tribal Girl Cracked UPSC Exam
There is a common feeling it is necessary to study in reputed and costly English medium institutions for a bright future. Many people think good education, top career and administrative jobs are meant only for the rich and some particular groups.
Many parents struggle a lot to earn maximum money or even take huge bank loans. They do this for the education of their children in such reputed educational institutions. The interesting fact is even with enough money in hand it is difficult to get admission in such schools and colleges.
I am not saying parents should not do this, because reputed educational institutions will provide a good education.
But if you look at the story of successful persons, you can realise that many of them studied in ordinary schools. Their parents were not rich enough to send them at such a high level and costly educational institutions.
Sundar Pichai, a small town boy, from Chennai, became India’s Pride, by heading Google, the biggest company in the world.
The story of the Sreedhanya Suresh proves that with dedication and hard work anyone, even the poor can crack any competitive exams. They can set goals and achieve success, fulfil their dreams and can reach the top of their career and life.
Kerala Woman Is First From Indigenous Tribes Of Wayanad To Crack IAS Exam
About Sreedhanya Suresh
- Born and brought up in a Kurichiya tribal hamlet.
- She lives in a dilapidated hut at Idiyamvayal in Pozhuthana Panchayat, Wayanad Dist, Kerala State, India.
- Her father is a daily wage worker.
- Her mother is a worker under the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme.
- Studied in Malayalam medium schools all through.
- Primary education was at Thariyodu St Mary’s UP School, Nirmala High School and Government HSS.
- Completed her degree in Zoology from St Joseph’s College Devagiri, Kozhikode
- Did her postgraduation in Applied Zoology at the University of Calicut.
- Worked as a tribal promoter in Wayanad for two years.
- She got the inspiration for Civil Services after meeting Sriram Sambasiva Rao, District Collector of Wayanad in 2016.
- The power of the District Collector and the respect it earns made her dream of the IAS.
- The same year she resigned from her job and enrolled for the training for civil service exams in Thiruvananthapuram.
- Bagged the 410th rank in the Civil Services Examination, 2018.
- First person from the Scheduled Tribes in the district of Wayanad to clear Civil Services exam.
- Her parents had no money to send their daughter for the interview.
- She reached New Delhi with Rs 40,000 borrowed from friends.
- Her house lacks proper electrical wiring.
- While trying to charge her laptop at home she touched a live wire. The electric shock threw off her feet and her hand injured.
- This incident happened soon after she returned from the UPSC interview in New Delhi.
Images Credits – Twitter
Google Map – Pozhuthana
Sreedhanya Suresh: Inspiring tale of Kerala’s first tribal woman to clear UPSC
This video shows the village, mud road, her small house.
Rahul Gandhi Congratulated Sreedhanya Suresh
“I am from the most backward district in the state. There are no tribal IAS officers from here even though there is a considerably large tribal population. I hope this will be an inspiration and motivation to the future generations to overcome all hurdles,” Sreedhanya Suresh told media.
Kerala Governor Felicitated Sreedhanya Suresh
There are many benefits of a poor tribal girl holding an administrative post. She knows the heartbeat of the poor. The real problems of the poor tribal community.
This will help her concentrate well on the problems and find solutions for their poverty, health facilities, providing more schools in their area and encouraging children for education.
Sreedhanya Suresh is a woman and that is the important thing to note from her success story. There are many young energetic sincere women IAS officers in Kerala. Their services are well appreciated by the people.
Sreedhanya Suresh is really an inspiration to those who belong to the backward community. She is a motivation for those who are poor but aspirant to be something in life. All the best to Sree Dhanya Suresh!
The success story of Sreedhanya Suresh will encourage many more women, especially tribal women to face challenges and move forward to a successful life.
Is this story of Sreedhanya Suresh inspired and motivated you to accept challenges and move forward fearless of failures?
Recommended for reading
- 14-YO Girl Janhavi Panwar Giving Motivational Speeches to IAS Officers
- How Tapasya Parihar Daughter Of A Farmer Became An IAS Officer?
- How Sweta Agarwal Beat All Odds To Become An IAS Officer?
- How Surabhi Gautam A Village Girl Became An IAS Officer?
- How Akhand Swaroop Pandit Cleared UPSC Exam?
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to the visitors. It’ll be very helpful for me if you consider sharing it on social media networks. Thanks for spreading the love with others. Remember ” Sharing is Caring!”
Your valuable suggestions and comments will help to make my effort on this small blog a success. Feel free to share your views in the comment box below.
Lives with a notion “SIMPLE LIVING, CREATIVE THINKING”. Blogging as a passion and for sharing the knowledge gained through reading and from life experiences. Always eager to learn new things. He is the founder of Simply Life Tips, a blog sharing articles helpful for motivation, happiness and success in life. Read More