Support and valuable advice of parents at a certain level helps the child to boost self-confidence, build a closer bond between parent and child, and become successful in life. But some parents go beyond the limit, load their kids with high expectations and micromanage their lives on every point. They think by doing these, they are helping the kids to become successful in life. They do not know overparenting do not help but damage the future of the children.Don’t force your children towards your goals because that only teaches them they aren’t capable to make it on their own. Click To Tweet
What Is Overparenting?
Over means something beyond required, so overparenting is parenting more than needed or required for a child, considering age, stage of life, specific personality traits.
As a parent how do you realise when you cross the line and start overparenting, and over-controlling your child’s life?
Are You Overparenting?
- Do homework for the child
- Feel sad and criticise the child for bad grades and failures.
- Argue with the teacher about grades
- Anxiety and depression over little things concerned to children
- Often try to prevent the child from making mistakes
- Do not let the child make his own choices
- Worry about many normal issues other parents don’t worry about
- Do not identify age-appropriate expectations
- Praise your child profusely
- Offer too many rewards
- Do not give your child responsibilities
Overparenting – Common problems kids may face
- Lack of knowledge about personal strengths and weakness
- Poor levels of decision making, planning and organising
- Fear from taking risks in life and failures
- Low motivation levels to take responsibilities
- Lack of self-advocacy skills
- Prone to anxiety and depression
How to raise successful kids without over-parenting?
Do you know how to raise a successful kid without overparenting? Make sure your kids understand that life isn’t about high grades, status or financial stability. Help them grow up compassionate, happy and making others happy.A balanced regimen of academics, self-discovery and social integration leads to optimal success in life. Click To TweetThere’s no other way to get what you want in life except force yourself to go and do what you have to do. Click To Tweet
Infographic – Helicopter Parenting and Its Long-Lasting Effects
The best thing parents can do for their kids is to educate, support, and empower to make the best decisions for themselves. As a parent, realise and acknowledge your own failures and don’t live through your child.
Technology changing human life day by day, but a child’s need for parents’ time, attention, love and trust remains the same. Good parenting makes childhood an eventful and happy preparation for a successful life, but overparenting makes it harmful for the future of the child.
Are you overparenting your children? What do you think about overparenting? Do you think you faced overparenting?
Recommended for further reading
- Awesome Tips To Become A Better Parent
- How To Avoid Teaching Children Bad Lessons
- Teenage Addictions | How To Deal With Your Children
Please recommend and share this post to help others find it! You can easily share by clicking on share buttons. Remember“Sharing is Caring!”
Feel free to leave your thoughts below.
The man behind Simply Life Tips. YouTube Partner. Passions – Reading, Blogging, Creating videos. Believe “Sharing is Caring!” Learning never ends!
The aim of this blog is to share general supportive ideas for a positive and successful life. It does not in any way represent to be, nor replace, the advice and support of experts and professionals. You should seek expert advice before taking any action. Simply Life Tips will not be responsible for any loss or damage occur due to following the information in the articles published. Read the Disclaimer